Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ContactFields.FieldChanged - How can I cancel this event and retain original field value?

ContactFields.FieldChanged - How can I cancel this event and retain original field value?

I need to monitor the ContactFields.FieldChanged event to test the new value entered by the users.  I can obtain the field value without an issue, but I need to be able to revert the field back to its original value (before the user entered the new value) if the new value isn't accetable.  I don't see any kind of event args for the FieldChanged event.  How can I accomplish this?

Employee

Re: ContactFields.FieldChanged - How can I cancel this event and retain original field value?

Unfortunately, there isn't a FieldChanging event, only FieldChanged, so it's after the change has occurred. If it's not a large number of fields that needs to be monitored, you could setup a routine that'd store the value of these fields when the CurrentContact changes (there's a CurrentContactChanged event) - you could then restore the stored value if the value the field has changed to is invalid.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator