Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Field Changes

Copper Contributor

Contact Field Changes

Hi,

Any help or advice appreciated...

I have a plug-in that I've developed for ACT! Premium 2010. The requirement is to open a dialog box when a post code field is modified. This works fine having navigated between contacts. No problems. However, when I've just logged into ACT and click on the Contacts View, it won't work for the first displayed Contact. If I click next and then previous, it will fires correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Luke

Private _ACT As Act.UI.ActApplication Public Sub OnLoad(ByVal App As Act.UI.ActApplication) Implements Act.UI.IPlugin.OnLoad _ACT = App AddHandler _ACT.CurrentContactChanged, AddressOf ContactSync End Sub Public Sub OnUnLoad() Implements Act.UI.IPlugin.OnUnLoad End Sub Public Sub ContactSync() AddHandler _ACT.ApplicationState.CurrentContact.ContactFields.FieldChanged, AddressOf ContactModified End Sub Public Sub ContactModified(ByVal FieldName As String) ' Do stuff... End Sub

Copper Contributor

Re: Contact Field Changes

In case you couldn't read the code above...

Private _ACT As Act.UI.ActApplication

Public Sub OnLoad(ByVal App As Act.UI.ActApplication) Implements Act.UI.IPlugin.OnLoad
        _ACT = App
        AddHandler _ACT.CurrentContactChanged, AddressOf ContactSync
    End Sub

Public Sub OnUnLoad() Implements Act.UI.IPlugin.OnUnLoad
    End Sub

Public Sub ContactSync()
        AddHandler _ACT.ApplicationState.CurrentContact.ContactFields.FieldChanged, AddressOf ContactModified
    End Sub

Public Sub ContactModified(ByVal FieldName As String)        ' Do stuff...    

End Sub

Nickel Super Contributor

It's a bug that we all would like to get resolved.
Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Copper Contributor

Thanks for putting me out of my misery Smiley Happy

I assume that it's already been reported to ACT?

Luke

Nickel Super Contributor

If it hasn't been already, it's going to get a lot of attention - there's a committee of partners who are also developers and it's a priority for us to get to this.
Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Copper Super Contributor

is there any word at all from Sage on this problem??

Seems that their Trigger properties work fine all the time.. no time out.. no having to move forward one contact and back to get the change event firing

This is a MAJOR problem in that one of the most basic function that most end users ask for is "When we change this we want to know ......." and even thou i can write an app that the field can trigger its not as nice as a plugin

Come on Sage.. whats going on here with this bug??

Employee

We're looking into this, as you've probably noticed the events trigger normally aside from the first contact after launching the application. What most folks have done to work around the problem, is to force a refresh/save as soon as the database has opened and from that point forward all event should fire normally.

I apologize for any headaches this has caused.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Super Contributor

i hear that there is also a timeout period?? as in after ACT has been sitting there for some time the field trigger event stops working then also? i think i have read that somewhere in these forums about this also preventing the event from firing?

but big thanks for the feedback as to whats happening

Employee

I've not encountered the issue with timeouts.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator