Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Configuration Manager and Plug ins

Copper Contributor

Configuration Manager and Plug ins

Hello everyone,

I have a very strange situation going on for sometimes. I developed a plugin for myself on VB which worked very fine without any problems, now for the same plugin I'm trying to develop it in C# but when I finish coding and etc. my plugin didn't work as suggested before I tried to change target CPU but in C# 2010 there is no configuration manager on view tab, I tried to add System.Configuration reference to my code but didn't work as well I can't run my plug in at all. Any solutins for this?

Thanks in advance

Employee

Re: Configuration Manager and Plug ins

Is the plugin failing to load into act or is it failing to compile? Are you able to debug?

Is there an error/excpetion message?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

No exceptions or error when debugging and I somehow find the configuration manager but still my plugins don't work on ACT. Actually I used Jim's ready made project for my VB plugin but when I convert it to C# and debug it and put it under the plugin folder they don't work I checked the DependentDlls.xml my plugin shows up there but I have no idea why..

Bronze Super Contributor

Have you checked the ACT Log files? It should record the error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\LogViewer.exe

If there is no info in the logs then set Logging Levels to 4 in the config file and rereun ACT!

C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\ActSage.exe.config

-- Jim 

Copper Contributor

Hello Jim,

thanks for your answer I don't know what's wrong with my plugins I couldn't make them run especially the ones based on C# and for my vb plugins I used your ready made tabplugin project and changed it for my own use. Now I tried to change logging levels but I think I'm missing something because when I type value=4 in the actSage.exe.config there is no change my reports come as they were and I think my plugins don't load at all, do you have any idea why this can be happening ? btw I found the configuration manager and created a x86 CPU target but still no help.

Thanks