Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Compose and Send Email via SDK

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Compose and Send Email via SDK

I can see the SDK has SendEmail methods, and the closest one to what I want seems to be the UICorrespondenceManager's SendEmail; however, it requires an IUnityContainer.

Is there a (relatively) simple example of working code that composes and sends an email via the SDK?  C# is preferred.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bconner26
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: Compose and Send Email via SDK

I did have a sample of this, it is unfortunately not using the same method that your wanting to use, but hopefully it's still useful.

Because of some other things I'm working on right now the email provider is not setup on my development machine so I haven't been able to test this in a recent version:

if (ActApp.UIEmailManager.CanEmail() && ActApp.UIEmailManager.IsSystemsSetup())
                     ActApp.UIEmailManager.SendEmailToContact(c, "SDK TEST""SDK TEST", Act.Framework.Preferences.Enums.EmailCreateHistoryType.None,
                    falsefalsenull);

c here is MyRecord.

HTH

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author bconner26
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

I did have a sample of this, it is unfortunately not using the same method that your wanting to use, but hopefully it's still useful.

Because of some other things I'm working on right now the email provider is not setup on my development machine so I haven't been able to test this in a recent version:

if (ActApp.UIEmailManager.CanEmail() && ActApp.UIEmailManager.IsSystemsSetup())
                     ActApp.UIEmailManager.SendEmailToContact(c, "SDK TEST""SDK TEST", Act.Framework.Preferences.Enums.EmailCreateHistoryType.None,
                    falsefalsenull);

c here is MyRecord.

HTH

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

This looks great!  I will give it a try and get back to you.

***Edit: 6/21/2011 12:57 PM***

Yep, this is perfect.  Thank you very much!

Thanks again!

Copper Contributor

Hi Mat,

Thanks for the answer code works perfectly but I have a question can I send an attachment or html drafted mail with this mailing option ? My Company requested me to send html drafted mail to client everytime a new opportunity has been created.

Thanks