Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Comparing password input to database

Copper Contributor

Comparing password input to database

Hello,

I am trying to verify that a password entered is correct for that user. In the object browser I see Act.Framework.ActFramework.ValidatePassword(string) but I can't find it. After the user is logged on during certain conditions the clients wants to verify uid & pwd. Matching up the user was a piece of cake but verifying the password has left me head scratching?

Any ideas or pointers appreciated.

Thanks

JB

Was this post helpful? If so please take a moment to learn a little bit about my ACT! products for yourself or resell to your clients.

Thank You
JB

http://www.axciant.com/act/actrecordescape.asp
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Comparing password input to database

There's probably a much better way, I haven't tried but if all else fails you could create a new framework, try and log onto that, if you get an error then the logon info is bad if it logs on just log off again and dispose.  This seeems like quite a long winded way somone might know something better.

Tom

I don't have intelliesense to hand so apologies if the code below is wrong but it should be something like..... 

Private Function CheckPasswordOK as Boolean

dim actfwk as new act.framework.actframework

try 

actfwk.logon(pad,user,pass)

catch ex as exception

'logon failed 

actfwk.dispose 

return false

end try

'logon successful

actfwk.logoff

actfwk.dispose

return true

end function

Copper Contributor

Re: Comparing password input to database

Yeah. I was hoping to not be so sloppy but it's better than what I got....and I thought I was the only one pulling an all nighter.
Was this post helpful? If so please take a moment to learn a little bit about my ACT! products for yourself or resell to your clients.

Thank You
JB

http://www.axciant.com/act/actrecordescape.asp