Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ChartFX dll

ChartFX dll

The version of the ChartFX.Base dll in the GAC is an old version. It is bad practice to deploy this to the cache:http://community.softwarefx.com/forums/p/10878/26550.aspx#26550

A newer version of the DLL is required by some other software I use but I'm told because your software deploys the old version to the cache the other software I use is forced to ignore its deploy folder and use the old version in the cache causing some problems with that software.

Is it safe to remove the ChartFX.base DLL from the cache and if not how can I resolve this so I can use both your software and the other software both of which I need to use?

Employee

Re: ChartFX dll

We wouldn't recommend it, there are two possible workarounds for this however. First would be to add this newer version to our bin directory and add a node to our machine.config file telling all references of this to redirect to this version of the assembly. The other would be to add an application configuration file to the other app and have it explcity use that version. 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Thanks Matthew.

Do you have any instructions on how to do this?

It seems it might be a bug with your older software not removing the DLLs on uninstall. Is there a way I can list when all DLLs in the GAC were installed so I can pinpoint which DLLs to remove manually?