Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing the label of Company Entity

Changing the label of Company Entity

Hello first time poster. I have a client who is using act and wishes to group contacts in a way similar to how Company does, except that their terminology doesn't use company but Contact Group or family. Is there anyway I can setup the corresponding ui elements to display "Families" instead of Companies etc....?

I was lurking in the various files installed with Act! and saw a file called "EntityMap.config" that looked like it would do it but changing things didn't seem to have any effect.

Any guidance out there?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Changing the label of Company Entity

I would say the workaround for this would be to go drill down through the Controls member in the ActApplication object till you find the control you need and then change it's Caption or Text property to show what you want.

The ActApplication object is the main ACT form, so from there you can basically find your way through the controls as you would with any other application. 

You will need to build a plugin for this that would detect which view you are currently seeing and perform that operation once you are on the company view.

Hope that gives you ideas

Hugo Vale
Datastream Custom Solutions
http://www.datastreamcs.com

Thanks, I thought of that but it seemed a little hackey and risky . But if that's how it's done, that's how it's done Smiley Happy
Copper Super Contributor

I wouldn't say that's supported by the sdk, but that would be my approach... Not sure if there's an "official" version to do this.

Btw, if you figure it out, could you post the code here or the control name, I may need to do that too on a current project.

Thanks Smiley Wink

Hugo Vale
Datastream Custom Solutions
http://www.datastreamcs.com