Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Reference ACT Framework in VB

Copper Contributor

Cannot Reference ACT Framework in VB

OK, after a number of posts about VB-to-ACT connectivity I've finally got my test environment configured and tried to implement my forst call to the ACT.Framework...and got nothing.  I tried to use the VB statement "Imports Act.Framework" but ACT is not available to import.  I have tried to find an ACT-related resource to add to the project as a resource but am not seeing anything.

I am remote desktoped to a Microsoft Server 2008 box with ACT Premium installed (this was installed first).  I have visual studio 2008 installed and created a sample VB WinForms project.  The first thing I tried to do was at the top of my first form's code type the Imports statement but no ACT resource is recognized.  I then tried a couple of means to add ACT capability as a resource to the project but am also unable to find any ACT or Sage entitled resource.

I am clearly missing a critical step to enable the ACT Framework within VB but have no idea what it is.  I need some help here.

Thanks.

Larry

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot Reference ACT Framework in VB

Check out the posting here: 

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Pub_Dev&message.id=594&query.id=1427266#M594

I'm pretty sure you need to add a reference to your project.  The reference itself will likely be an ACT! assembly which is located in the GAC.

Allen