Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Debug Plugins with ACT7 and VS

Tuned Listener

Cannot Debug Plugins with ACT7 and VS

This is what I did:

1.       Referenced Act.Framework.dll from C:\ACTv704\Standard\ACT7\GlobalAssemblyCache

2.       Referenced Act.UI.dll and Act.UI.Core.dll from C:\ACTv704\Standard\ACT7\program files\ACT\ACT for Win 7

3.       I made the project runs with external program “C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Win 7\ActRunner.exe” .

4.       I made the project builds in C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Win 7\Plugins in order to always keep a copy of the DLL inside Plugins folder.

The Code is very simple template taken from SDK Code sample:

public class PluginClass : IPlugin

{

private ActApplication ActApp;

void IPlugin.OnLoad(ActApplication application)

{

// hold on to the application

this.ActApp = application;

// be sure to keep track of when a user logs in or is logged out

ActApp.AfterLogon += new EventHandler(ActApp_AfterLogon);

ActApp.BeforeLogoff += new EventHandler(ActApp_BeforeLogoff);

ActApp.ViewLoaded += new ViewEventHandler(ActApp_ViewLoaded);

MessageBox.Show("I'm here");

}

void IPlugin.OnUnLoad()

{

ActApp.AfterLogon -= new EventHandler(ActApp_AfterLogon);

ActApp.BeforeLogoff -= new EventHandler(ActApp_BeforeLogoff);

ActApp.ViewLoaded -= new ViewEventHandler(ActApp_ViewLoaded);

}

...... the rest is event handlers to the events I signed up for

.NET Developer
Tuned Listener

Re: Cannot Debug Plugins with ACT7 and VS

Found out something else, Project builds with no errors and no notices but it gives thing when it first starts to builds:

No way to resolve conflict between "Office, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" and "Office, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa". Choosing "Office, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" arbitrarily.

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Csc.exe /noconfig /nowarn:1701,1702 /errorreportSmiley Tonguerompt /warn:4 /defineSmiley Very HappyEBUG;TRACE /reference:..\..\..\..\ACTv704\Standard\ACT7\GlobalAssemblyCache\Act.Framework.dll /reference:"..\..\..\..\ACTv704\Standard\ACT7\program files\ACT\ACT for Win 7\Act.UI.Core.dll" /reference:"..\..\..\..\ACTv704\Standard\ACT7\program files\ACT\ACT for Win 7\Act.UI.dll" /reference:c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll /reference:c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll /reference:c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Windows.Forms.dll /reference:c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Xml.dll /debug+ /debug:full /optimize- /outSmiley Surprisedbj\Debug\ActCRMIntegrator.dll /target:library PluginClass.cs Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs

.NET Developer
Tuned Listener

With thanks to Carl, he was able to fix issues that I had. the references was mixed up a bit, and at the same time, Carl found the following assembly (office 2.1.0.0) in Windows/assembly which caused the conflict I believe, however I have absolutely no idea what is office 2!!!

I unregistered office 2 assembly, and now builds are going smooth with no errors or notices.

FYI

Joe
.NET Developer
Copper Contributor

Good to know, Thanks Joe.

Carlton Jones
Sage Software