Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Debug ACT! Add-on

Tuned Listener

Cannot Debug ACT! Add-on

Hi,

I'm starting developing an act add-on when I created a library class and copied the example from SDK documentation (CustomMenuPlugin.cs).

I went to debug tab and set the working folder and program to sageact.exe as I read in one of the forum threads, and it gave me a message says "This component is not registered and it is provided for evaluation purposes. This message will not appear after you register the component" from DevComponents DotNet Components.

I'm sure we paid for the licence and stuff, do I have to activate something?

Joe
.NET Developer
Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot Debug ACT! Add-on

[ Edited ]
Just for everyone else

Joe let me know that this error happens when you attempt to debug your plugin using the Act10.exe rather than the ActSage.exe

Message Edited by Carlton_Jones on 03-07-2008 03:29 PM
Carlton Jones
Sage Software
Tuned Listener

Yes True, I chose Act10.exe instead of ActSage.exe.

it's pretty much working now, however I can't break though the code using the usual break points, but I could do that with a explicit call to the debugger like:

System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Launch();

but I think I'm missing something, coz it's not right to break that way.

You have used my real name though, and I don't mind it, however my friends here calls me Joe, so feel free to choose!

.NET Developer
Tuned Listener

Just for information,

I used to have the working directory set at ACT install folder path, but when I removed it and copied a copy of the DLL in plugins folder in ACT installation directory, I could get a hit on break points.

Thanks again!

Joe
.NET Developer