Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you help this person

Bronze Elite Contributor

Can you help this person

Hi

This was posted on the ACT Premium forum but I expect this is a better place for help but doubt he has access so have copied here. 

Chip

Re: Connecting ACT! Premium v16 to remote PHP website[ Edited ]

Looking into this a bit more:

I have installed the unixODBC and PDO_ODBC libraries/extensions on my CentOS Linux & PHP 5.6 server, so I should be able to use a standard PDO_ODBC connection. I'm just struggling on what to put in the connection query. I was hoping it would be fairly simple Smiley Sad

I found the following examples on the php.net site for connecting using an ODBC connection.

Example 1:

<?php
$cnx = new PDO("odbc: Driver={SQL Native Client};Server=250.156.0.1;Database=myDataBase; Uid=userName;Pwd=thePassword;");
?>

Example 2: 

odbc: DRIVER={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER};HOSTNAME=localhost;PORT=50000;DATABASE=SAMPLE;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;UID=db2inst1;PWD=ibmdb2;

Example 3:

odbc: Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\\db.mdb;Uid=Admin

* What SQL Driver should I state? The ODBC connection setup on the ACT! server states: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client Version 10.50.2500 / Native Client Version 10.0 (depending on which screen you look at). Do I put either of these under the DRIVER={} section above? Can I leave it as per example 1: SQL Native Client?

* Do I need to connect specifically to a .pad file? Or can I use the DATABASE= option above to connect to the database?

* As the ACT database is currently on an internal server (Windows 7) and I want to connect through our main server (Microsoft server 2012) with an external IP, what would I put under each of the following sections above: server= / hostname= / port=? Do I need all three? The ACT server is currently set as NEWACTPC\ACT7 

I can install any drivers I need on the linux VPS or on the act / main windows servers, so I have no limitations there if I need something else.

I'm now stuck until I can answer all of the above. I've not ever connected to ACT! before, so I'm shooting in the dark. Any help is greatly appreciated.