Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't find Act.Framework.Contacts by Billing email

Accepted Solution Solved
ddv
Accepted Solution

Can't find Act.Framework.Contacts by Billing email

I need to find contact by any entered email address.

CriteriaColumn cColumn1 = actfm.Lookups.GetCriteriaColumn("TBL_CONTACT", "BUSINESS_EMAIL", true);
CriteriaColumn cColumn3 = actfm.Lookups.GetCriteriaColumn("TBL_EMAIL", "ADDRESS", true);

For "Billing Info Email" I use cColumn3, but i can't fetch info because result is NULL (can't find column ADDRESS)

I lost a lot of time for this problem... Help...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ddv
‎11-02-2015 11:46 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Can't find Act.Framework.Contacts by Billing email

The easiest way I found is to get all the contact field descriptors and loop through them looking for the type "Email".  Once you have the column names you can create your criteria columns to do your lookup using the various different columns.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ddv
‎11-02-2015 11:46 AM
Silver Super Contributor

The easiest way I found is to get all the contact field descriptors and loop through them looking for the type "Email".  Once you have the column names you can create your criteria columns to do your lookup using the various different columns.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Administrator

Agree with you on this one stan, using debugger to investigate the resulting descriptors is what I usually do myself.
ddv

I found needed field from collection actfm.Contacts.GetContactFieldDescriptors()

CriteriaColumn cColumn3 = actfm.Lookups.GetCriteriaColumn(actfm.Contacts.GetContactFieldDescriptor("BillingEmail_E-MAIL", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));

Thanks a lot!!!

Administrator

well done.