Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I create pie charts and graphs from information in contact tabs or reports??

Tuned Listener

Can I create pie charts and graphs from information in contact tabs or reports??

I made a new tab to input information that results from the outcome of a meeting (activity). I need to create pie charts and graphs from this information. Can this be done? Can it be done directly from the contact tab or a report? Any ideas? I would really appreciate it. Thanx!

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Can I create pie charts and graphs from information in contact tabs or reports??

Juan -

Not directly within ACT! as it is currently (there are probably add-ins), however, if you take some time and get familiar with the Excel link to ACT! using OLE DB, you can access all necessary ACT! data by connecting it to Excel.  From there, you can do whatever you normally do in Excel - charts/graphs/etc.

I have a blog that discusses this at http://www.rbrdatasolutions.com/ACTblog/ titled ACT! Reporting using Excel with OLEDB

Hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Tuned Listener

Re: Can I create pie charts and graphs from information in contact tabs or reports??

Thank you very much Richard, I´ll look into it right now.

You could do this in ACT! on a custom tab.  You can add any custom component you can develop in .NET and bind it to the proper datasource by interfacing with the Framework API.  You could also process your data into an XML result and create an html page with your graphs on it that you could display in a web browser control on your tab.

it would take some development work though, not something you can do out of the box..

Gavin Stevens

CRMIS

Gavin Stevens
MCPS, MCSD, MCAD, MCNPS
ACT! Developer
http://crmintegrationsystems.com
Tuned Listener

I have clients that have up to 20 milestones they have to reach (combination of tasks and activities). Can a contact dashboard be created to graphically show their progress?