Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CREATE ACT for Mac Computers Please!

Avid Listener

Re: CREATE ACT for Mac Computers Please!

The issue with the SQL db on the local MAC can be removed early on for corporate customers. We don't need or want the database on the local machine. It causes more problems that value. We want to be able to connect the MAC to the shared database on the ACT! server.

I know this does not handle remote databases, but it is a start and eliminates over 50% of the porting to MAC issue.

Thus, if you can create an installer without SQL, Wine would work.

DBS
Nickel Elite Contributor

That is my thoughts exactly.

you could even charge for darwine and i would pay up to 50$ for it to work natively .... come on guys seriously Smiley Sad
Champion Listener

Has anyone tried connecting and sharing an Act database using Remote Desktop 2 on their Mac? Here is a link if anyone is interested. http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/remote-desktop/default.mspx

Arthur G. Russ
Act! Certified Consultant
agruss@exec-info-services.com
Nickel Elite Contributor

I believe we're working on a SQL less install which is the first thing I need to begin looking at WINE and MAC.  We'll keep you updated here.

Does this mean you are getting closer to offering ACT for Mac's?  As I would buy that in a hearbeat and I know you will have so many people switch over from all those other "copy/look a like" as nothing can compare to Act!  And then of course, everyone with a mac will definitely go with act as there are so many people waiting for that.  So I really hope and I will keep on being pursiting as I really to see this happen sooner than later!  

Thanks for all your updates as well.

Take care!

Nelson

If Sage was smart they would spend the money to make an ACT! Mac version. If they ARE thinking about it - progress seems pathetically slow. The owner of Sage must have BMW syndrome. I have been asking them for years.

couldnt agree more.... i bought act for real estate last year. took me nearly 5 tries to make it work with parallels... there was no documentation about it and i had to figure out that i could not use a partitioned drive. 

when i finally got it to work, i realized my macbook didnt have enough ram to run both OSX and XP at all times, I went and bought a other macbook. Needless to say i had used up all 5 install registrations and i couldnt get it to work anymore.

Contacted act by email about it, its been months and i still don't have a fix for my problem..... I put that 300$ in losses for last year. 

very upset and unhappy.....

I cannot understand how a mac version is not available .......... 

any updates?

Is there any news on how things are going, I have a client that is about to replace all pc's with macs and he is looking at alternatives to act.

Cheers