Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Audit Trail

Copper Contributor

Audit Trail

Client has 2012 with SQL 2008 Standard SP1 and has encounterd a loss of contact records. We are going to upgrade to SQL 2008 R2 tonight but the client wants to know how to turn the Audit Trail for the Contact table so they monitor any losses in the future.

Any suggestions?

David C. Ayers
Ayers Technology Corp.
dayers@ayerstechnology.com
512-251-7313 office
www.ayerstechnology.com
Employee

Re: Audit Trail

Unfortunately there isn't, this is a remnant of our old policy regarding access to the SQL database, ActDiag does have audit logs, but they only are going to show you a current snap shot and frankly I've not found the information provided by them useful to me in diagnosing issues of this sort. 

I can certainly understand the desire for this and I'll definetly pass it along. Just as an aside, at no point in time that I've supported Act have I ever seen contacts disappear, in every instance where that appeared to be the case they were either not missing (private/secondary contacts) or had been deleted.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Re: Audit Trail

Turned out that their IT person tried to change the name on a user and when she didn't get it the way she wanted it, deleted the user (and the records).

Now is there anyway to get ACT! to record history on a contact when an opportunity is created or deleted?

David C. Ayers
Ayers Technology Corp.
dayers@ayerstechnology.com
512-251-7313 office
www.ayerstechnology.com