Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' occurred in Act.Shared.LicProv

Copper Super Contributor

Re: An unhandled exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' occurred in Act.Shared.LicProv

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19338/kw/Uninstaller.exe
Thanks,
Inge van Gemert
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Netherlands
inge@inkey.net
Astute Commentator

Re: An unhandled exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' occurred in Act.Shared.LicProv

Thank you. Ran the program and now I can't install/uninstall Act! from my system. I guess this is not my week.

T

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

That also happened to me and I had to remove the add/remove programs entry manually by going into the registry under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninst‌​all

Search for Act! under those entries and delete the key.

Mine was 76F4F47D-9821-4042-BBC8-BC70D69FD46E for ACT premium v20. for regular ACT it might be another key, not sure. Just make a search for Act! under the Uninstall key.

Hugo Vale
Astute Commentator

Thank you. That resolved the issue and I managed to re-install Act 20 with the network disconnected. 

After all that work, I still get the Protexis error and act just crashes. 

Any other ideas?

T

Copper Super Contributor

Ok, I think we're close, so now you should be able to resolve the protexis message by going to this link:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23027/~/how-do-i-uninstall-and-reinstall-the-protexis-lice...

Hugo Vale
Astute Commentator

Thank you for the final instructions. Act! is now up and running. I'm able to login now.

Never expected going to a previous version of Act! to be such a hack job. I wonder how customers react on these situations.....

Have a great day!

T

Copper Super Contributor

Usually, it isn't. But with this latest update with licensing changes, it has messed up the downgrade process.

What bothers me is that by January 1st, the previous versions will stop working.

We will have to upgrade to the versions with debugging licensing problems.

And Swiftpage is keeping quiet about giving us a solution. At least tell us that they are working on it and we should expect something before January 1st.

Hugo Vale
Astute Commentator

According to Brian, a "patch" will be released in January that "should" fix this issue.

I have many comments about this issue and the problems I've had in the past 3 weeks with V21. The only positive one is that Brian did his best to help me, but he is constrained by the development team's shortcomings. How can any self respecting product manager release a product that eliminates development of 3rd party applications?!

In today's world, a product's success is measured by the ecosystem it creates i.e. 3rd party applications that make the product batter. Unfortunately, Act!'s ecosystem has become minimal and is shrinking. With a target product that does not work for debugging, I can see most of us heading for the exit. Really, why bother?!

T

I'm copying the information in here from another thread as it may be helpful in here...   (Other thread being: Unable to debug Act logon after update to ACT V21)

ACT 21 update 5 released on December 20th, 2018 fixes this issue with the debugging throwing an error, related to new licensing components.

While writing these lines, the release notes for update 5 are not visible on the official download page ; however a moderator confirmed those information:

The published notes for Update 5 are as follows:

• D-08836 - SDK - Unable to debug application with new obfuscation
  • D-08785 - Opportunities - Act! becomes unresponsive when changing Record Manager on an Opportunity
  • D-08791 - Hangs creating opportunities if limited access is enabled.
  • D-08817 - APFW - Outlook Web Outlook integration missing dialog
  • D-08628 - Outlook - Outlook sending Emails using Alias, not email address, when creating Emails from Act!

After update 5, I was able to debug without running as Administrator.

I'm glad this has been fixed.