Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Amending Opportunities Tab Act!2012

Amending Opportunities Tab Act!2012

Hi all,

I wonder if someone could help me out.. I am relatively new to ACT, and work for a non-sales organisation so have had to do a lot of customising my database to suit our needs. I am looking to use the Opportunities tab for a non-sales purpose and have been able to customise this function to an extent by creating new fields etc, but is it possible for me to change the name of the Opportunities tab within the Companies section?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Amending Opportunities Tab Act!2012

The Durkin Toolkit (now Impact Suite) can do change the table name ... I'd think it might change the tab also:

Don't like calling your customers 'contacts' or are you using the opportunity section to generate bids. Then change the display name for existing tables to a name your company uses.

http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACT-Addon-Impact_Suite.aspx
Copper Contributor

Customizing Opportunities is under-utilized.  I customized ours (which is also used for Sales) for project bids.  It links back to multiple Contact records and saves to History.  Really slick. 

Copper Super Contributor

You can also create a custom table with Top Line Designer and have more flexibility and control as you can not only create the fields but also name the tables whatever you want to.

PF

Thanks for your replies.  These types of add-ons look like they would do the trick, but unfortunately it is unlikely that my company would be happy to pay the price on top of what they have already spent on Act, is there any other way to go about this?

Many thanks!

Copper Contributor

I didn't use a custom add-on for anything I did in Opportunities for the same reason you stated, but Opportunities has some great capabilities.  What are you trying to do?

I do not want to use it for 'opportunities'. I have used the tabs in my database to produce table-like formats to record information. However, as you cannot add the same field more than once this has caused problems in running queries and reporting. Therefore, I have taken one section of information out of a table format and amended the opportunities section to include this information, which appears to have solved my problems other than the issue of being unable to change the tab name.

Platinum Elite Contributor

You might try contacting Jim Durkin and see if he'll let you know how his addon does it