Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding new Top Level Menu. How to control where?

Tuned Listener

Adding new Top Level Menu. How to control where?

I have worked out how to add a top level menu, but it always appears after the Help menu. How can I control where it appears?

Code so far is:

CommandBarButton MyCompanyMenu = new CommandBarButton("MyCompany", "MyCompany Customer Options", null, @"act-ui://com.act/application/menu/MyCompany", null, null);
MyCompanyMenu.Parent = actApp.Explorer.CommandBarCollection["Connected Menus"].ControlCollection;
actApp.Explorer.CommandBarCollection["Connected Menus"].ControlCollection.Add(MyCompanyMenu);

I cant find any equivalent off the ControlCollection of the AddSubItem(menu, position) command available when inserting a menu item.

Any ideas how I can change the order of the top-level menu items? (e.g move Write to after Tools, etc.)

Cheers

Richard

Tuned Listener

Re: Adding new Top Level Menu. How to control where?

Is there anyone out there who has an answer to this? I am successfully adding the new menu with the above code, but it always appears after "Help". Any ideas how to ensure it appears after the "Write" menu?

Cheers

Richard

Well I'm not sure how you can do it programatically, but if you Customise your toolbars from the customise menu, that will allow you to re-arrange the order the menus appear in. This is how i've worked this in the past

Tuned Listener

Has to be programatically as this is distributed as an install package.

Thanks for looking.

Richard