Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding/manipulating contact data via SDK

Copper Contributor

Adding/manipulating contact data via SDK

by conceptcoders on 12-06-2007 10:56 AM

Hi chaps!

I am trying to use the SDK to add a new contact to our ACT2008 db using data collected from a web form, and from reading the ACT2008 SDK documentation this all seems trivial by using the ContactManager and Contact classes, but the problem is that I cannot seem to find any of the libraries where these classes are exposed.

The best I have found is Act.framework.interop.dll in the act install directory which seems to give me similar behavior but in a manner completely different to that described in the documentation. While I can open and read from an ACT db using this library, any attempt to add a new contact using Contactmanager.addnewConect() throws readonly exceptions.

My question is: Am I being dense and looking at the wrong library, or is the ACT 2008 SDK downloadable supposed to contain libraries for me to reference but doesn't? Or am I using this library correctly and something else is going wrong?

Cheers

Copper Contributor

Re: Adding/manipulating contact data via SDK

by Mark on 12-06-2007 11:43 AM

Most of the ACT! assemblies are installed in the GAC (Global Assembly Cache).

To be able to access them locally for compiling you need to copy the assemblies from the ACT! install media.

Look for the GlobalAssemblyCache folder on the media, you'll find the Act.Framework.dll assembly, that's the one you want for creating contacts.

Mark