Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add-on installation issues 2008 v11

Copper Contributor

Add-on installation issues 2008 v11

When I try installing most almost any add on using my latptop, they crash ACT. When I uninstall, ACT works fine.  have a desktop that accepts all add-on installations but add-ons do not sync with the other computer. 

Is there anything that can be done to get the laptop to accept the add?  I have heard this is  common issue?

Thanks

Rob

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Add-on installation issues 2008 v11

Rob,

There are some issues with running plugins on a remote database but my guess is that there is something wrong with the ACT! software on the laptop.  I would uninstall it and reinstall ACT!.  You might want to remove the ACT! directory from the Program Files folder and any old ACT! dlls in the GAC too just to make sure you don't have some version compatibility issues.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Thank you so much.  Yes, almost any plugin I attempt does not work on the laptop.

I am a new user... I assume if I back up my database, all data and set up info will restore when I reinstall?  Will I have to create a new sync set for the other machine? Do I need to delete all of the .net framework installs on my machine?

Best regards,

Rob

Copper Super Contributor

Rob, if your Plug-in tries to perform schema changes (add new columns, etc.), that will fail as it is not allowed on a Sync Subscriber (Remote) database.

If this is the case, perform the actions on the Publisher database, then let the Subscribers sync.  Then try logging onto the Subscriber database with your Plug-in.

Remember you might also get some clues on errors/failures by closing ACT! and viewing the ACTLOG.XML (easiest using logviewer.exe in the ACT! Program Folder).

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Copper Contributor

This worked!  I backed up the database, uninstalled using the uninstaller .exe program found on this site, and reininstalled ACT. Then opened the database file and installed all add-ons with no issue.

Thank you

Rob

Copper Super Contributor

That's good news, I'm glad you got it working.

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software