Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add a new tab

Add a new tab

I am using ACT premium workgroups and wants to link a ASP.net application with ACT.

Like:   If  i create a tab in ACT and an ASP.net application in visual studio 2008,how can i link that ASP .net application with that particular tab.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Add a new tab

Your question would probably best be asked in the Developer's Forum of the AC!T Developer's Lounge, further down from this forum.
Signature
Employee

In the SDK download are code samples of adding tabs programmatically to Act!. Also in the Developer's Download section of these forums one level up from these are several plug-ins that add a tab and the source is available for the majority of them.
Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Nickel Elite Contributor

Your best bet is to use one of the context web browser controls.  These controls let you dynamically create a URL at run time with information from the record in ACT! you are looking at.  The URL can point to your ASP.Net application and if the record in ACT! has some data correlation it can pass on the URL to your application you can "connect" the 2 applications using this.

Check out the Devnet downloads forum for controls and code examples. 

Avid Listener

I thought I was in the Act! Developer's Forum.
Kevin Varnon
ClientTrax CRM
Kansas City
(785) 408-3702
kevin@clienttrax.com
Silver Super Contributor

You are but the Developer Downloads forum is actually a different forum.  Go up to the Developer's Lounge to see the other forums.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Avid Listener

yes, I was answering two posts ago.

Buy while we're on the subject, I can't seem to get this to work out. 

1. I have a project called WebApplicationPluginStartingPoint. 
  2. I included all the DLLs in the path; then referenced them in the project
  3. I stopped IIS in the Pre-build
  4. I compiled it to a DLL.
  5. I used this Post-build:

rem  // Copy our compiled DLLs into the BIN folder also//
copy /Y  "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\Plugins\WebApplicationPluginStartingPoint.dll" "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\APFW\bin\WebApplicationPluginStartingPoint.dll"
copy /Y  "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\Plugins\WebApplicationPluginStartingPoint.pdb" "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\APFW\bin\WebApplicationPluginStartingPoint.pdb" 
rem / RESET and RESTART IIS
iisreset /restart

6. I restarted Act!

7. There's no new tab on the contact screen.

Here's my pgm; it's called Class1.cs

PluginStartingPoint.JPG

Although tabURL doesn't exist, shouldn't there be a tab named "kevin" or is the fact that tabURL doesn't exist the problem?

I have been struggling with this for too long.  I don't know what else to do to it.  I keep going thru the documentation to see if I missed something, but I can't seem to find it.  It just shouldn't be this hard.

Kevin Varnon
ClientTrax CRM
Kansas City
(785) 408-3702
kevin@clienttrax.com
Silver Super Contributor

Somehow you ended up in a different thread in the developers forum than the one you created.  The post you responded to was from back in 2010.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Avid Listener

OK,  I believe it!  I'm getting lost in these things trying to find out what I'm doing wrong.  I can't believe I'm having so much trouble with it.  It's gotta be something simple.  I refuse to give up!

Kevin Varnon
ClientTrax CRM
Kansas City
(785) 408-3702
kevin@clienttrax.com