Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add a new subentity record- inser new row object

Add a new subentity record- inser new row object

[ Edited ]

I  have read tge Custom Sub Entities Sdk guide but still cant manage to add a row to my custom entity "Multilingual".

Here is my code:

>find the subentity with the name multilingual and assign a manager for that entity

CustomEntityDescriptor multilingualDescriptor = ACTFM.CustomEntities.GetCustomEntityDescriptor("multilingual");

CustomSubEntityManager<multilingualTable> manager2 = ACTFM.CustomEntities.GetSubEntityManager<multilingualTable>("multilingual");

>Get a field descriptor for the subentity field Spanish

Act.Framework.CustomEntities.CustomEntityFieldDescriptor descr = manager2.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("Spanish", FieldNameType.Alias);

>Add a new subentity objet-NOT WORKING

multilingualTable addedcustombject;
addedcustombject = manager2.CreateCustomEntity();

addedcustombject.Fields[descr.DisplayName, FieldNameType.Alias] ="123";

addedcustombject.Update();

I assume i am not using the CreateCustomEntity in the correct way?Any suggestions will be really appreciated, the guide states that is doable through the CreateCustomEnity method of the CustomSubEntityManager.

gkl
Copper Contributor

Re: Add a new subentity record- inser new row object

You need to set the parent Entity of the subentity for the new object to be saved and give the a list of  the parent entity

addedcustombject.SetContact(abc) ;// where abc is a list of  contacts that you get with the descriptor n the sorting

Finally the customentity object-row is being added!But but but..i have set now all contact list as parent, my goal is to set one contact. Is there a method to assign it to one contact my customsubentity;

[ Edited ]

I was thinking of ways to play around and overcome this difficulty by creating maybe a contact list with criteria. For example the name of the contact that i have just added and i want to set as parent of the new subentity(multilingual table) row. I cant seem to find a way to set filter criteria by name for a contact list though.

It seems from the manual that you can set one contact as parent, but is not very clear how, page 12-13 (http://community.act.com/sage/attachments/sage/ADN_Downloads/4/1/Custom%20Sub-Entities%20SDK%20Guide...

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you only want to set one contact (using the current contact as example) you can use this where "abc" was:

Contact currentContact = actApp.ApplicationState.CurrentContact;

yourobject.SetContacts(actFwk.Contacts.GetContactAsContactList(currentContact));

may need to call yourobject.Update(); afterwards but I can't remember.

Hope that helps.

actApp does not exist, I am propably missing a reference?I have just instantiated  new ActFramework

Copper Contributor

Are you using a plugin or just an external application?

Either way this might be what you're looking for:

Act.Framework.Contacts.ContactFieldDescriptor contField = actFwk.Contacts.GetContactFieldDescriptor("CONTACT", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias);

Act.Shared.Collections.SortCriteria[] sCriteria = new Act.Shared.Collections.SortCriteria[] { new Act.Shared.Collections.SortCriteria(contField, System.ComponentModel.ListSortDirection.Ascending) };

Act.Framework.IFilterCriteria[] fCriteria = new Act.Framework.IFilterCriteria[] { new Act.Framework.ComparisonFilterCriteria(contField, ComparisonFilterCriteria.Operation.Equals, "Contact Name to look for") };

ContactList cL = actFwk.Contacts.GetContacts(sCriteria, fCriteria);

Then once you have that list you can run your SetContacts(cL) method.

Hope that helps.