Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v16 Integration with Sage 50 Accounts UK via Sdata link

Astute Commentator

Act v16 Integration with Sage 50 Accounts UK via Sdata link

Does anybody know why the performance of the integration client is so poor?  It does work, but is so criminally slow as to be unusable in normal daily use of Act.  For instance, whn creating a new link between an Act company record and a Sage accounts customer record, the data is retrieved correctly from the accounts package via the Sdata link already established.  You either choose an existing customer to link to, or select to create a new customer record in Sage , then click finish. A prompt briefly appears saying "linking back office records", then Act become unresponsive for several minutes. The process eventually completes, and the link is established. This is for just one record, I assume it would be much worse if I attempted to link a lookup.

I would like to be able to offer this feature to my customers, as it is now part of the main Act program, but as it does not work in an acceptable fashion, I do not feel able to promote this feature.

I have asked this question many times, but have nhever received a satisfactory answer.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act v16 Integration with Sage 50 Accounts UK via Sdata link

Hi wadesnj,

The Accounting Integration in Act! is a feature that was originally introduced during Sage's ownership.

At Swiftpage we have decided that we won't be developing that feature any futher so any new integration with Sage Accounts will be provided by our development partners.

It made sense to do this as we know some of our partners have more knowledge in this area than we do.

If you're looking for an integration solution I'd recommend you take a look at AlphaLink by AlphaLogix.

http://www.alphalogix.co.uk/alpha-software/alpha-link-for-act.aspx

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact us at act.developers@swiftpage.com.

Kind regards,

Russell