Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act database access error

Tuned Listener

Act database access error

Hello,

I am trying to create a web application in ASP.Net to upload document to contacts and try to access the sage act database installed on my system.

If I will add this application to IIS and convert it to virtual directory then I have got below error while logging in do database :-

Access to the path 'ACT\ACT For Windows 12\Preferences' is denied.

Please reply how to resolve this issue......................

Thanks

Employee

Re: Act database access error

If I'm understanding correctly, this error is thrown when creating a virtual directory for your ASP.Net application?

Just based on what's posted here it appears to be a permissions issue to the specified path.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Tuned Listener

Yes you are right I am creating a virtual directory for my application and the issue is related to permission of specific path.

For this I have try several approaches which I have come to know while Google search for it nut still not able to find any solution for it and having same issue.

Please reply if anyone has any solution for it ?

Thanks

Nickel Contributor

Does the service account that is running the ASP.NET Job Pool have permissions to the folder/files that you are trying to access? I don't recall exactly what the default account is for ASP.NET, but something along the lines of "Network Service" rings a bell. Hope this helps.
Employee

knif is correct, the default account for ASP is the Network Service account. Also try changing the application pool running your application or creating a new application pool specifically for it.

Are you able to debug? If so, is the exception being thrown at logon or at some other point?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Tuned Listener

Hello,

I have tried several solution as also discussed in previous reply but did not get any solution for it till yet.

If you have any resource or web link to resolve this issue then please share.

Thanks

Tuned Listener

I am still facing same issue.

Do we have any other solution for it.

Thanks