Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.UI.WordProcessor

Act.UI.WordProcessor

Hi,

I'm trying to use the ACT2011 Premium SDK to open some ACT! *.WPA documents in a C# .NET application, but I'm running into some issues.

using Act.UI;
using Act.UI.WordProcessor;

{

ActApplication aa = new ActApplication();
  ActWordProcessorManager aw = new ActWordProcessorManager(aa);

aw.OpenFile("document.wpa");

}

When I run this code I get the error

System.ComponentModel.LicenseException was unhandled
  Message=The following control could not be licensed: TXTextControl.TextControl
  Source=TXTextControl
  StackTrace:
       at TXTextControl.TXLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)
       at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey)
       at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)
       at TXTextControl.TextControlBase..ctor(Boolean bAssemblyBased, Type licenseManagerType)
       at TXTextControl.TextControl..ctor()
       at Act.UI.WordProcessor.WordProcessor.InitializeComponent()
       at Act.UI.WordProcessor.WordProcessor..ctor(ActFramework actFramework, IACTWordProcessorManager manager, String fileName, DocumentType docType)
       at Act.UI.WordProcessor.ActWordProcessorManager.OpenFile(String fileName)

I've included the TextControl DLLs in the running .exe directory, but still no good.  Is there anyway to resolve this issue?

Also, is it possible to save WPA files to a different format like we can using "Save As..." in the ACT! Word Processing interface?

Thank you.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act.UI.WordProcessor

In order to get our plugin to load the TxtControl13.dlls we needed to purchase a license directly from the developers at: www.textcontrol.com

-- Jim Durkin

www.durkincomputing.com