Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Shared.Windows.Forms

Tuned Listener

Act.Shared.Windows.Forms

[ Edited ]

Installing a simple VB framework type application on a system with ACT 11 installed gives the error "System update required - Unable to run or install the application.  The application requires that the assembly Act.Shared.Windows.Forms 12.0.409.0 be installed in the GAC first."  I've added  Act.Shared.Windows.Forms to the references and made sure that Specific Version=false, but still get the same error message.  I note that the other ACT references all have c:\windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL for the path, but to add this one I had to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\...

Message Edited by billw on 06-16-2010 04:29 PM
Message Edited by billw on 06-16-2010 04:37 PM
Tuned Listener

Re: Act.Shared.Windows.Forms

Changing  Act.Shared.Windows.Forms.dll to from "prerequisite (auto)" to "exclude" under publish - application files - publish status gets us past this error, but now gives the the same error message about act.shared.config. 
Employee

Haven't run across this one before and getting a lot of scattered suggestion from around the web.

What version of .Net are we targeting and did we target the x86 processor when we published our app?

Also, does this install fine elsewhere? 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Tuned Listener

prerequisite dependency versions

Seems no matter what I do, the dependency version numbers in the manifest come from what's installed on my development machine "12.0.409.0".

How can I create an executable that will run with version 11 and ealier versions?

Thx

Tuned Listener

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is selected under the prerequisites.

CPU is set to <PlatformTarget>x86</PlatformTarget> in the project file.

Is there a way I can get Act v11 to install on another machine and test the installation?

Thx

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Billw,

One thing you could do is copy all the ACT! 11 dll's into a local folder on your dev machine and reference them in your project. Intellisense will then pick up from those dll's.

HTH 

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Thanks Vivek,

Right now the only access I have to the ACT! 11 dll's would be to get them from the user.  I note that in v12 some of the ACT references I need are not in the ACT installation directory and exist only in the GAC, so even copying them becomes slightly more complex; this will be my go-to solution should all else fail.

Right now I am thinking if the user would install the Act 2010 trial, this would install all the ACT v12 dll's right where my app wants them to be (including into the GAC).  I assume the v12 dll's will still let me connect to and access a v11 database.  I'd also want to be certain that this would leave his existing Act v 11 install functionng and intact.

Best regards

Message Edited by billw on 06-17-2010 03:51 PM
Nickel Elite Contributor

If your user upgrades to ACT! 2010 and opens that v11 database ACT! will upgrade that database to v12 (ACT! 2010).  

If you want ACT! v11 dll's grab them off the media.  If you don't have ACT! 2009 media - let me know what dll's you need and I'll post them here.

Tuned Listener

Allen,

I don't have the Act! 2009 media.  I'm only using the following imports:

Imports Act.Framework

Imports Act.Framework.Contacts

Imports Act.Framework.Lookups

Imports Act.Shared.Collections

But in the project's application files and manifest this seems to have cascaded to include every act. and infragistics.act dll.

Thanks for your help!

Nickel Elite Contributor

You only need these 2 assemblies for reference for the import statements you are using.