Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Reader And Custom Tables

Copper Contributor

Act Reader And Custom Tables

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to read in the data using Act Reader and I'm obtainign a 'Could not open the object' error when trying to read in my custom table (via Plug-in).  The error I obtain in Access is "conversion failed when convertiong form a character string to unique identifier.

I'm trying to import directly dbo_PLUGINTABLE (though I can pull in dbo_COMPANY_PLUGINTABLE dbo_CUST_COMPANY_PLUGINTABLE and dbo_CUST_PLUGINTABLE).  If it makes a difference, the table is under 'Company'.

Edit: Where PLUGINTABLE is the custom entity descriptor.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act Reader And Custom Tables

First you may have a character field you may be relating to a GUID field. You need to convert the character field to a GUID (unique identifier in SQL terminology) 

This page may help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187942(v=sql.110).aspx

Also make sure you set a filter to weed out null and empty rows cause the uniqueidentifier conversion will fail on those conditions. 

Second, I would not import directly into the table. You should be using an CustomEntityManager to create the new records.

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Reader And Custom Tables

Thanks for the quick reply.  I decided to go another way, so I don't have the opportunity to test your solution, but I will keep it in mind.