Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Framework.ProductVersionMismatchException was unhandled

Tuned Listener

I'm doing some testing for an interface between our in-house support product and ACT.

After attempting to call the logon() method from the ACT framework, I get the following exception: 

Message="Error in the application."

Source="Act.Framework"

PromptForBackup=false

StackTrace:

at Act.Framework.ActFramework.FailLogOn(Exception ex, TraceCategory tCat, TraceLevel tLevel)

at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName, Boolean fireEvents, Boolean suppressTierCheck, Boolean suppressSchemaCheck, Boolean suppressLicenseCheck, Boolean allowTrialModeDeparture, LogonTrack tracklogon)

at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName, Boolean fireEvents, LogonTrack tracklogon)

at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName, LogonTrack tracklogon)

at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String xmlPADFile, String userName, String password)

at ACTApi.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\ian.mellett\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\ACTApi\Form1.cs:line 28

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at ACTApi.Program.Main() in C:\Users\ian.mellett\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\ACTApi\Program.cs:line 18

at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

InnerException:  

The ACT .DLL version is 11.1.183.0 and, according to 'about ACT', the current version I'm using (installed on this PC) is:

ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 4

This is running in C# express on a Win7, 64bit, so I can't target specific CPUs.

Anybody got any clues to point me in the right direction? 

Employee

Re: Act.Framework.ProductVersionMismatchException was unhandled

Is one a Premium install and the other Standard?
Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Tuned Listener

No; to clarify, I have ACT installed on my PC, and the PAD file is sitting on our server (along with the database).  The interface I'm trying to create is between ACT (Premium) and our in-house support system. 

If it makes any difference, we recently updated our copy of ACT to 11.1, and I'm using the act.framework.dll from that install to ensure that the product versions match - I'm assuming that's the correct thing to do?

Employee

I believe it uses the licensing service to verify product tier. So it could be that your version isn't registered or that the licensing service isn't running. 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Tuned Listener

I've just checked that the product displays as being licensed when I'm actually going into my copy of ACT, and all seems fine there; I presume on that basis that the license server is running okay as well?

As a quick test I've created a local database, imported some contacts and tried connecting to that.   

ActFramework actFwk = new ActFramework(); actFwk.LogOn(@"C:\Users\ian.mellett\Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\Databases\ACTPadTest.PAD");

I still get the same issue though.
Tuned Listener

From testing with a local database, I've just noticed that the application Tier appears to be BASIC, which I assume would be the fundamental cause of the issue, but I'm not sure where this would be coming from?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Ian,

I think the bad news is that there is no way around the fact that the Act framework just does not like 64-bit compilation. I can only compile ACT! code on my 64bit machine when I specify x86 as the target CPU.  :smileysad:

One possible, and I admit that it is not much of a workaround at all, is to possibly dev on a VM of Win 32bit?  

I hope I am wrong and someone can come up with a "magic-bullet"  solution!

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Tuned Listener

Hi Vivek,

That's the feeling I was starting to get.  I *have* got a VM install of Windows XP on here, which I was considering, but that's possibly going to cause complications with it seeing the ACT database on our server due to the network setup. 

Thanks for the input though, I might see if there's something else I can do to try and get it into an X86-type environment for the short term at least.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Ian,

Another possible workaround might be to look at the Mono Project. That might allow you to assign the x86 CPU if C# Express doesn't?

Mono Project 

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Tuned Listener

ian.mellett wrote:

The ACT .DLL version is 11.1.183.0 and, according to 'about ACT', the current version I'm using (installed on this PC) is:

ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 4

This is running in C# express on a Win7, 64bit, so I can't target specific CPUs.

Anybody got any clues to point me in the right direction? 

May i recomment right-clickign your project and selecting properties. On the build tab, about 1/4 of the way down in the "General" section is a platform target dropdown. It's my interpretation that you're saying you can't select x86 from the top drop-downs. 

If it's not saving, make sure (that for any reason) your directory/solution files are not red-only protected.