Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Framework.DateFilterCriteria - Does it only filter by date and ignores hour:mins:secs?

Astute Commentator

Act.Framework.DateFilterCriteria - Does it only filter by date and ignores hour:mins:secs?

[ Edited ]

I am using the Act.Framework.DateFilterCriteria to filter out contacts my modification date. However, it will only filter the contacts using the MM/DD/YYYY and it ignores the HH:mm:ss, even though the hour and minutes are part of the date.

For example, if I create the filter using a start date of 08/17/2010 03:10:20 PM , it ignores the 03:10:20 PM piece and only filters from the 08/17/2010 onward. Is there another filter that I can use to do filtering by date AND time of day?

For example, 

dStartFilter = "8/18/2010 6:36:50 PM"
dEndFilter = "1/1/9998 12:00:00 PM"

aFilter() = new  Act.Framework.DateFilterCriteria(cfd1, dStartFilter, dEndFilter) ' this is a shortcut

The result is:

?aFilter(0).GetClause
"TBL_CONTACT.EDITDATE >= '2010-08-18T05:00:00' AND TBL_CONTACT.EDITDATE < '9998-01-02T05:59:59'"

The resulting date is definitely incorrect. So how does the date filter work properly?

Is there a way of creating a clause and embedd it into the filter thus bypassing the DateFilterCriteria bug?

Thank you in advance.

T

Astute Commentator

Re: Act.Framework.DateFilterCriteria - Does it only filter by date and ignores hour:mins:secs?

I just created my own date filtering class that created a string:

"TBL_CONTACT.EDITDATE >= '2010-08-17 19:09:38' AND TBL_CONTACT.EDITDATE < '9998-01-01 12:00:00'"

And contacts that were edited at 2010-08-17 5:12:00 PM were picked up. The contact should have been filtered out. Hence, there is nothing wrong with the Act.framework.DateFilterCriteria class, but there is something suspicious going on with the execution of the filter on Contacts.

Sorry, I'm starting to use all the filtering mechanisms in ACT! and I am getting results that are unexpected.

Any light on this would be very helpful.

Thanx.

T

Astute Commentator

Re: Act.Framework.DateFilterCriteria - Does it only filter by date and ignores hour:mins:secs?

The data filter in ACT! for the EDITDATE field ignores the Hour, minutes and seconds setting. Any workaround on this???

T