Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 10.0.2 Database customistaion

Tuned Listener

Act! 10.0.2 Database customistaion

Hi ,

Iam very new to Act customisation. I want to see the tables of Act database for customisation. Could you suggest me how to see the tables in SQL Query Analyzer. Thanks

Copper Contributor

Re: Act! 10.0.2 Database customistaion

[ Edited ]
Ok so let me start out by explaining that there is a security model set in place with ACT databases. You really aren't going to be able to do much more then read and write to the ACT DB. If your trying to just gain read access you can use the "ActReader" utility which gives you read access through an ODBC connection. The other tool is the SA Password Utility and this tool gives you read access to the Act DB tables. Keep in mind that the security model is left in place. To acquire either of these tools you can call corprate sales @ 866-421-7752. To actually see the tables your going to want to look into the SA utility.
Message Edited by Logan_Gonsoulin on 07-01-2008 01:18 PM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act! 10.0.2 Database customistaion

Just to add to what Logan provided, note that the sa password utility is for Read Only purposes.  The ACT! EULA prohibits data, structural or any other content modifications directly to the SQL Server instance (database engine) or databases.

ACT! has a publicly-available SDK for customizations and extending the application.

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software