Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Access to ACT API from a website.

Access to ACT API from a website.

I'm not sure if I'm just thinking about this wrong or just don't have enough experience doing these sort of things but I was wondering if it is possible to have ACT on a server and a web site on a completely different one and have that website interact with the ACT API. I have a website that has a contact us form on it and I would like the info from the contact us form to be used to create a new contact in our ACT database automatically. The problem as I see it is that since ACT is not installed on the web server, the web server will have no access to the API library that ACT exposes. I have other software that exposes a web service that duplicates the API so that we can communicate with it over the web. Does ACT have something similar? Thanks for any help. Mark
Copper Contributor

Re: Access to ACT API from a website.

Hi Mark

You need to be on the machine ACT is installed on to access the API.

You could write a service on the ACT system that calls the local ACT API and exposes a web service that your web server can call into; alternatively, the service could call your web server.

If you are running a database on the web server, you could save the contact details to the database and then use ACT import capabilities, or a product such as Inaport for ACT, to import the details.

HTH

Regards

David Evans

Thanks for the great question and your reply, David.  Does anyone have a tutorial on how this is done?
Copper Contributor

Hi

Wrapping the ACT API in a web services wrapper will take real development, unless there is a wrapper out there already. I doubt a simple tutorial will cover it, but you could start here:

http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/default.asp

We can provide training and professionla servies on using Inaport for ACT if that is what you want to do.

HTH

Regards

David

InaPlex - CRM Integration