Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Access and Sort Custom Tables

Copper Super Contributor

Access and Sort Custom Tables

I have been trying to work out how to access and sort a custom table for  some time now, there are several articles here that give you a small part of the picture but nothing substancial or explained.

Can anyone assist or direct me to some location with detail, data, or better yet a sample code?

My custom table is only 6 columns, i need to access it, sort it by the date column (eg: need all entries for the 2015 year) then total them up

Thanks

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Access and Sort Custom Tables

Have a look at the sample project here: http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Developer-Downloads/Custom-Sub-Entity-Sample/m-p/307

I took a quick look and I believe it shows how to create, access, and sort records.

Ahsan Khalid

Chief Technology Officer
Keystroke Quality Computing Inc.
www.keystroke.ca

Bronze Super Contributor

You can simple use the act OLEDB reader.

select SUM(fieldname), COUNT(fieldname)
from CustomTable
where fielddate between '2015/01/01' and '2015/12/31'

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for that

I had seen that sample before but discounted since it was 7 years old

I have tried to retype it as i know and based on the sample but still get the same problem as it does not recognise the "Commission" name

private void countComms(string command)
        {

Act.Framework.Contacts.Contact c = oApp.ApplicationState.CurrentContact;

CustomEntityDescriptor descriptor = oApp.ActFramework.CustomEntities.GetCustomEntityDescriptor("Commission");

if (c != null)
            {
                // Get the CustomSubEntityManager for the Policy entity.  Use the custom type Policy for the data type to be returned from the SDK.
                CustomSubEntityManager<Commission> manager = oApp.ActFramework.CustomEntities.GetSubEntityManager<Commission>(descriptor);

if (manager != null)
                {
                    // Get all the policies that belong to the current contact.
                    CustomEntityList<Commission> pcomms = manager.GetCustomSubEntities(c, new SortCriteria[] 
                    {
                      new SortCriteria(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("POLICY_EXPIRATION", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias), ListSortDirection.Ascending)
                    }
                    );

if (pcomms != null)
                    {
                        // Add the fields we want to display in the grid to field descriptor collection.
                        //policies.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("POLICY_TYPE", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));
                        //policies.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("POLICY_NAME", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));
                        //policies.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("POLICY_START", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));
                        //policies.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("POLICY_EXPIRATION", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));
                        //policies.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("POLICY_AMOUNT", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));
                        //policies.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("POLICY_NUMBER", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));
                        //policies.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("PRIVATE", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));
                        //policies.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("POLICY_COMMENTS", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));
                        //policies.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetRecordManagerFieldDescriptor());

// Set the data source of the binding source to be the list of policies.
                        //this.bindingSource1.DataSource = policies;

// Databind the grid to the list of policies.
                        //this.policiesDataGridView.DataSource = this.bindingSource1;

// Set the last column to fill the rest of the space in the grid.
                        //this.policiesDataGridView.Columns[this.policiesDataGridView.Columns.Count - 1].AutoSizeMode = DataGridViewAutoSizeColumnMode.Fill;
                    }

}

}

}

Copper Super Contributor

Update, i have worded out the problem (i think) after reading a SDK PDF from 7 years ago, it required the "Act.Framework.CustomEntities.CustomSubEntity" or call your own.... some how the samples in other posts fail to tell you that... anyway that appears to work now, so i have moved on to the main reason for the code in the first place

I have linekd to the subentity, created a list of the records for the client, now i want to roll through the records and where the entry date matches the record date it will then count the commission column

if (pcomms != null)
                    {
                        int cCountComms = 0;
                        decimal totalComms = 0;

string year1 = c.Fields["CUST_ContactTable1_090144.CUST_ActYear_020643759", true].ToString();

DateTime startT = Convert.ToDateTime("01/01/" + year1);
                        DateTime endT = Convert.ToDateTime("31/12/" + year1);

foreach (CustomEntity e in pcomms)
                        {
                            DateTime cDate = pcomms.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("CommsDate", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));
                            decimal cAmount = pcomms.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("CommsAmount", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));

if ((cDate.Date >= startT.Date) && (cDate.Date <= endT.Date))
                            {
                                cCountComms++;
                                totalComms += cAmount;
                            }
                        }

MessageBox.Show("Total number of entries for " + year1 + " is " + cCountComms + ".", oApp.Text, MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information);

}

However these two lines are causing problems it claims its a void and nothing is getting extracted

DateTime cDate = pcomms.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("CommsDate", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));
                            decimal cAmount = pcomms.FieldDescriptors.Add(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("CommsAmount", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias));