Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

About Contacts and ContactList

About Contacts and ContactList

Hi.

Is there any particular reason why the Add() method of the ContactList is private? I crossed over this issue as i tried to add a single contact (contact object) to a particular group. There is a method (SetStaticContacts) in the group manager expecting the list of contacts. So the idea was to get the existing contacts from the group (thus contact list) and to add my contact to the list and apply the list again to the group. But there is no add method for the contact list and i did not found any "add contact to group" method.

Is this a wrong approach? Which is the best way to add a single contact to the group?

Thanks

markov 

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: About Contacts and ContactList

Haven't tried this but it looks like there's also a method called UpdateContactStaticMembership which takes a single contact as a parameter which may work for you.  Another option would be to load the contact ids from the contact list into an array, add the new contact's id to the array and use the getcontactsbyID method to create a new contact list from the array.  Hope that made some sense Smiley Happy

Tom

Re: About Contacts and ContactList

Well it is a nice trick Smiley Very Happy Just wondering what the ACT! Framework developers have to say about a simple function to add a user to a group Smiley Wink

Igor