Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

API access for synchronizing

Tuned Listener

API access for synchronizing

Is it possible to access the synchronization API (Start, Sync progress, end of sync) to include these in an addon??

Employee

Re: API access for synchronizing

Check out the SynchronizationManager class, it contains a SyncNow method.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi,

I'm feel a bit ignorant asking this question but for the life of me I can't seem to work it out! The SyncNow() takes a ISycTask by ref but I have absolutely no idea where to get this Object and what implements this interface?? Could someone point me in the right direction?

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Astute Commentator

SynchronizationManager.SyncNow

Mathew,

Thank you for your input on the SynchronizationManager. However, the SyncNow expects a value passed to it of type Utils.iSYncTask. What is this? If the SyncNow is called with the iSYncTask not set to anything, nothing happens. So what parameters does one need to set on the iSyncTask to make the SyncNow execute?

I am looking to sync everything on the database.

Dim iSyncTaskWhatnot As Act.Framework.Synchronization.Utils.ISyncTask

ACTFM.SynchronizationManager.SyncNow(iSyncTaskWhatnot)

Thank you.

T

Bronze Super Contributor

If this code is in a plugin, why not call ExecuteCommand with the menu command string for syncing?

ACTApplication.ExecuteCommand("act-ui://com.act/application/menu/file/synchronizenow")

-- Jim Durkin

Astute Commentator

Thanx. However, the code is not a plugin. It access the ACT! Framework and the framework is fully available.

I'd like to know what .... parameter to pass to the SyncNow. Is there any docs on this?

T

Astute Commentator

Again,

Does anyone have any code that makes the SyncNow work using the ACT! Framework?

I know, this should be easy but at the moment it does not work.

T

Employee

I don't know if what you want to do is possible, however Scheduler calls SyncNow without an Application reference.  

So maybe this example code from Scheduler will be helpful.   These are the relevant bits.  

ActFramework f = new ActFramework();
ConnectionType connectionType = (ConnectionType)f.SynchronizationManager.ConnectionTypePref; 
ISyncTask syncTask = new SyncStartUp(SyncType.Remoting, connectionType);
f.SynchronizationManager.SyncNow(ref syncTask);

Connection type is an enum in Act.Framework.Synchronization.Utils and resolves to Network or Web (or None)

Astute Commentator

Thank you. that is a step beyond where I was. However, the sync still does not fire up and do the job. It takes a little bit longer and then just return nothing.

T

Silver Super Contributor

Thatch,

I just tried it for fun and it is synching.  That's why it's pausing for so long :-).

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!