Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW MasterPages

Bronze Super Contributor

APFW MasterPages

Are the mast pages just legacy?  Or should 2nd party interface additions use them?

MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/TabListViewMasterPage.master" 

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Super Contributor

Re: APFW MasterPages

jimdurkin wrote:

Are the mast pages just legacy?  Or should 2nd party interface additions use them?

MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/TabListViewMasterPage.master" 

-- Jim Durkin

Hi Jim,

I've contacted the developers and they say that they still use it for some list views in tabs and recommend that you use it if needed.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.
Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks for the response! Really! Its nice to see anybody from Swiftpage supporting its products.

Now if I only had support for the other dozen questions I posted. Is it policy to ignore 3rd party developers? 'cause if that's true I will stop bothering you and move on to another CRM.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Super Contributor

jimdurkin wrote:

Thanks for the response! Really! Its nice to see anybody from Swiftpage supporting its products.

Now if I only had support for the other dozen questions I posted. Is it policy to ignore 3rd party developers? 'cause if that's true I will stop bothering you and move on to another CRM.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Hi Jim,

My apologies if your other questions have gone unanswered. Of course it's not our policy to ignore any requests for support.

In an effort to be more transparent about this, I would recommend that if you have any urgent developer focused queries that you send them to act.developers AT swiftpage.com. This inbox is actively monitored and you will get a better response.

The forum is not currently heavily monitored by us and so we encourage a focus on getting support from your peers. I do try to step in when I can but I'm not always able to catch every thread. This is actually something I'm very interested in getting changed for the better, but as with anything it takes time to review.

I've had a quick glance at your other threads and can see they're web focused. I currently have to pass these on to the web development team so I should be able to answer them later this week.

In the meantime if you want to discuss any of the above then send an email to the address I gave and I'll be more than happy to have a chat with you.

Kindest regards,

Sam.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.
Silver Contributor

I"ve got a question.  Why is it that so many swiftpage employees keep telling us some variation of this.

" forum is not currently heavily monitored by us"

Why not?  You have asked us to use these forums.  This is where your consultants and your customer base provide you valuable feedback.  

My sugestion.  Encourage EVERY Swiftpage employee to spend 20 minutes each day in these forums.  It would do wonders for the perception that you don't listen to us and the perception that you don't really care.  

Just my 2 Cents..

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Super Contributor

jonmklub wrote:

I"ve got a question.  Why is it that so many swiftpage employees keep telling us some variation of this.

" forum is not currently heavily monitored by us"

Why not?  You have asked us to use these forums.  This is where your consultants and your customer base provide you valuable feedback.  

My sugestion.  Encourage EVERY Swiftpage employee to spend 20 minutes each day in these forums.  It would do wonders for the perception that you don't listen to us and the perception that you don't really care.  

Just my 2 Cents..

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your feedback.

Personally I love the idea, but as you might appreciate it's not feasible to have every single employee visit the forum every day.

Instead we have a team of moderators who monitor the forum for us. I'm the new moderator for the developer board and will be making sure to visit throughout the day and answer questions wherever possible.

In the past the focus of the community forum has been around receiving support from your peers. I think in the Sage days it was simply due to the time and money they wanted to invest in Act! and we know what happened there...

This is something we want to move away from and want to increase our online presence, especially around the forum and how support is handled here. I'm hoping to have more to share about how this will look shortly.

I'll be making sure to pass your feedback on as part of this process. If you want to discuss anything then please don't hesitate to get in touch, I'd be more than happy to chat to you about this.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Silver Contributor

I understand Sam. I use Feedly to monitor the community group and with the exception of the password protected groups, I can scan everything new in about 5 minutes..

Obviously I would not expect them to respond to every post. but it would be great if we all felt that swiftpage was at least aware of what is going on here.

There are some posts that scream for swiftpage attention that have gone on for quite some time.

thanks for listening.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Super Contributor

Hi Jon,

I've never seen Feedly before. Do you know if it's something that could work on this forum?

I get an automated response when someone replies directly to me, but unfortunately we don't have the facility notify for forum posts overall. We simply have to check the forum on a regular basis and try to catch everything, and as we're (mostly) only human some things do escape.

I'd love to have a solution that e-mailed me when there's something new to look at.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Silver Super Contributor

You can subscribe to the forum and have all the posts emailed to you.  That's what I do.  I read all of them and reply to the posts that I want to reply to.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

wellmet wrote:

You can subscribe to the forum and have all the posts emailed to you.  That's what I do.  I read all of them and reply to the posts that I want to reply to.

Stan

Hi Stan,

Thanks! I'm rightfully a little embarassed now... I had always subscribed to the individual posts, but not the entire board!

I'm always willing to learn from a mistake. I now have a subscription to this particular board so hopefully nothing will go amiss.

Kindest regards,

Sam.