Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACTOLEDB Errors

Bronze Elite Contributor

ACTOLEDB Errors

Ok I think I partied too hard last night at the office party and that has left my hung over brain with severe brain ache this morning!

Each time I try and connect to the ACTOLEDB2 provider with this:

string connStr = ActApp.ActFramework.CurrentACTOLEDB2;
OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(connStr);
conn.Open();

I get an error saying: 

"Cannot retrieve minimum provider requirement from database configuration table Invlaid object name 'dbo.ACT_DATABASE_CONFIG'.

What am I doing wrong, I just can not work this out and its starting to drive me nuts!

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Employee

Re: ACTOLEDB Errors

Same for every DB?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Bronze Super Contributor

Vivek,

I have a customer getting the same error this morning.

What was your outcome for this error?

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

ROUTINE:       getSQLDataSet: Provider=ACTOLEDB2.1;Data Source=USPHXAWNR8028AP\ACT7;Initial Catalog=MSanteliaDB;User Id=EditedForSecurity;Password=xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx;Connect Timeout=30
TARGET:        .ctor
TYPE:          System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException
MESSAGE:       Cannot retrieve minimum provider requirement from database configuration table
This functionality requires .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Please install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to use this functionality.
SOURCE :       ACT! OleDB Provider for Reporting 2.0
PLUGIN:        ACT! OleDB Provider for Reporting 2.0
PLUGIN:        ACT! OleDB Provider for Reporting 2.0
VERSION:       ACT! OleDB Provider for Reporting 2.0
ACT:           13.0.401.0
SOURCE:        ACT! OleDB Provider for Reporting 2.0
VERSION:       2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
STACK:         at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
   at Durkin.Common.Data.SQL.getSQLDataSet(ActFramework HostFramework, EntityDataMode EntityDataMode, String sSelectCommand)
TIME:          1/31/2011 8:28:20 AM
ACT NAME:      ActSage, Version=13.0.401.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa
MACHINE        USPHXAWNR8028AP
IP             10.71.0.111
USER           APOLLOGROUP\msantel1

Silver Super Contributor

Jim,

Have you verified that they have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed?  I haven't run into this one but the error message that you posted would seem to imply that was the problem.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Bronze Super Contributor

Stan,

Yes it was but I had them uninstall/reinstall and that corrected the error.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin