Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT V22 Plus Tables

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

ACT V22 Plus Tables

The new Custom Tables documentation is woefully poor with nothing on getting data back out of any new tables as a report or export.

I have created a Service _Tracking database and although can export at individual contact level can see no way within ACT of exporting the information held in the whole table so a client can see all actions across all clients held in the table. Is it just me or is the product really that poor?

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT V22 Plus Tables

Chip,

Are you looking to export to an excel file? You can do that using the Act OLEDB reader or with Impact Report Designer.

OR

Are you looking to view the entire list of records from the custom table in the Act UI?

You can do that with Impact Suite.

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: ACT V22 Plus Tables

The reason I could not export from the custom tables is that the Lookup - Custom Tables option or in the navbar,was not appearing, this is now fixed although I am not sure how.

What I have found is that I have incorporated an activity in the custom tables and although this works the option to add an activity to a group does not. You can fill it in but it does not show up in that group.

I also find that selecting to add the contact and company field in a table list view normally crashes the programme when viewed.

Would like to see better documentation and work on debugging the custom tables.