Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT USER Records

Bronze Elite Contributor

ACT USER Records

I have a client who would buy ACT if they are able to use the Access Level feature for ACT Users. They only wont sections of the business to see certain Users. This is for Legal and Operational reasons. It is worth a 100 users license if it can be sorted. Diaries would not need to be shared for users not in a team and I am unable to think why this is is not possible but Users records have this feature disabled.

Any one out there resolved this issue?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT USER Records

So, users in the same company don't want to see other people in the same company who work in the same company?
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT USER Records

Yes

The company has fully employed and Franchise workers. The idea is for HO staff to see all records but branch (Franchise) staff to only see their own. In fact the company would be breaking the law if it shared data from one franchise to another regarding who is employed by them and details that might appear in their records.

Hope that helps with the background.

What I am wondering is if there is a key operational reason you can not use the Access Level for Users or the design team never envisaged a situation like the above and so disabled it for Users.  I am hoping there is a simple code change that can be made to change this feature.

Thanks for your interest

Chip