Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Triggers and Stored Procedures

Copper Contributor

ACT Triggers and Stored Procedures

Does anyone know in the ACT Demo Database, how many stored procedures and triggers are a part of the SQL back end?

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT Triggers and Stored Procedures

Stored Procedures:  approx 200

No Triggers

Tom Gueth

Tom Gueth
Knowledge Resource
Binary Star Technology, Inc
Employee

There are actually quite a few triggers in the database. You would need to look at each table in management studio to see them, although they are all encrypted just like the stored procs. There are also 40-50 user defined functions.

If you are looking to convert ACT! to another database I can tell you from experience that it is not possible without the source.

Tim Faust
ACT! R&D
Copper Super Contributor

Launch ActDiag.exe on the same machine containing the subject database.  Click on the Databases List, then right-click to select Database Reports>Objects Report>Objects Detail Report.  This will list the procedural and declarative objects, as well as constraints, in the database.

Question:  Why do you ask?

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Hi,

I'm looking for a good way to insert Notes into the database.  Is there a stored procedure for this?

This is needed by my website to add new customers, and notes, when a new order is processed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Brian Wilson

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you log onto the ACT Framework you use the createNote method.

Dim HostFramework As New Act.Framework.ActFramework

HostFramework.LogOn(LastPadFile, Lastusr, LastPw)

HostFramework.Notes.CreateNote(New Act.Framework.Notes.NoteType(Act.Framework.Notes.SystemNoteType.Note), "notes text string", Now.Date, False, HostFramework.Contacts.GetMyRecord)

If you are already in the ACT Application then...

ActApplication.ActFramework.Notes.CreateNote(New Act.Framework.Notes.NoteType(Act.Framework.Notes.SystemNoteType.Note), "notes text string", Now.Date, False, HostFramework.Contacts.GetMyRecord)

-- Jim Durkin