Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! SDK dll

Copper Contributor

ACT! SDK dll

Hello all and thanks for reading this,

So I am a newbie in ACT! and I am trying to use the sdk, so I figured out that I need to use the Act.Framework.dll in order to do that.

I downloaded the Get the Act! v16 SDK 

from here:
http://www.act.com/partners/development-partner-program/sdk/download/

But it has no dll's or something like that in the zip that act! has provided, it has only documentation. Any idea where to get the actual dll? (By the way I dont have a cd for ACT!)

Thank you in advance

Employee

Re: ACT! SDK dll

That's correct, the SDK download will only contain the documentation for the API, the assemblies you need are most easily found in the installation media at a location similar to :

C:\Builds\16WebGold\Act!_Premium_Web_v16\ACTForWeb\GlobalAssemblyCache

You don't need the CD, you can dowload the media from here: http://www.act.com/download/v16/premium/

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! SDK V17

We are desperate for ACT SDK V17 but cannot find it anywhere, only V16 which gives version errors on ACT V17

Can anyone help please.

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's the v17 SDK:
http://cdn.act.dlm.swiftpage.com/3503/act!v17sdk.zip

Regards,

Russell

Bronze Elite Contributor

Many thanks for your help.

Astute Commentator

Hi. Can you confirm if this SDK allows for me to amend "protected" Act! fields. I appreciat ethere may be some that should not be touched, but it would be great to be able to amend ones that either we have created or the user has.

Copper Super Contributor

donald.page wrote:

Hi. Can you confirm if this SDK allows for me to amend "protected" Act! fields. I appreciat ethere may be some that should not be touched, but it would be great to be able to amend ones that either we have created or the user has.

Hi Donald.

Can you clarify what you mean by protected fields?

Are you referring to some of the default fields in Act! such as Contact and E-mail, or do you specifically mean fields with field security applied?

What changes do you want to make? Just changing the field value, or actually amending the field's properties?

Kind regards,

Sam.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.
Astute Commentator

Hi sam. Yes I mean fileds that have field security. So fo example. If I creat a field with my app and want that field to be read only for the user/group, I then cannot programatically write values to those fields. Nor can I write a value to fields eg. contact [last reach, last attempt etc].

I hope this clarifies my question.

Copper Super Contributor

donald.page wrote:

Hi sam. Yes I mean fileds that have field security. So fo example. If I creat a field with my app and want that field to be read only for the user/group, I then cannot programatically write values to those fields. Nor can I write a value to fields eg. contact [last reach, last attempt etc].

I hope this clarifies my question.

It depends on who you're logged onto the Act Framework as.

If the logged on user has access to edit the field then the SDK will as well, and if not then the SDK throws an exception.

A plugin is typically logged into the Act Framework with the same details as whomever is logged into the Act! program at the time.

Stand alone programs log onto the Framework with whatever credentials you specify.

I hope this makes sense. If you need any more clarification then let me know.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! SDK V17 Protected Fields

It is how to write to pre-protected fields like Total in opportunity that I would like to be able to do.