Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Framework.LogOn() error - Can't find PSIClient.dll

ACT! Framework.LogOn() error - Can't find PSIClient.dll

[ Edited ]

I have a browser application and when I try to log on to the ACT! framework I get a runtime error saying that a module in PSIClient.dll couldn't be found.  This did not happen until aftrer we upgraded to ACT! 2011.  Anyone have any idea how to fix this? 

FYI: The PSIClient.dll works with the Protexis Licensing Service. 

Re: ACT! Framework.LogOn() error - Can't find PSIClient.dll

[ Edited ]

I talked with tech support shortly after posting this.  The first thing that jumped out were the project references to the act framework.  Do they point to the new versions for ACT! 2011?  The answer was yes... it was one of the first things I tried before calling for support.  After we verified the project references the only thing he could think of was reinstalling the Protexis Licensing Software.... until I told him I was using Visual Studio 2005.  He then recommended that I upgrade to Visual Studio 2010 being that ACT! 2011 requires a higher version of .NET than VS 2005 can produce.  Although he doubted it would resolve the issue, we both agreed it would be better to upgrade Visual Studio before reinstalling Protexis .  Unfortunately he was right.  The upgrade of Visual Studio did not fix the problem.  I'm getting ready to call him back for help.  I'm writing this post as a refresher for him and to add more info to the forum in the event someone else runs into this problem.  FYI... My experience with Sage tech support has been TOP NOTCH thus far.

Employee

Hello Jonathan,

I don't remember if we discussed it in our conversation, but what O/S are you running?  I've seen log on issues with folks developing 64 bit environments, VS will by default target the 64 bit processor lets make sure it's targeting x86 and recompile and see if that resolves our issue.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

OS = Server 2003, Standard Addition, SP2

I'm haveing trouble finding a place to change the target platform....  I sent you an email.