Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Database structure

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT Database structure

These questions pertain to the underlying database structure of ACT:

1) What table is the user's email and password stored?

2) How can we determine when a user's email or password have updated? - Is there a field signifying this?

Basically, whenever an ACT user's email or password are updated, we need to update the same in another system that runs concurrently with this. How can we accomplish this? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards,

Paras Wadehra

http://blogs.msdn.com/ParasWadehra

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author halo
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT Database structure

Well, I figured it out. The client was storing the password in a custom field they had defined and they are storing it unencrypted so it makes my job a lot easier Smiley Happy

And I defined triggers on the tables so that whenever these fields change, it copies them to a different table too.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Any help anybody?

Nickel Super Contributor

Email address will be in the contact table email field (TBL_CONTACT), the password field is not documented so I couldn't help.

Tom

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Halo,

You should be able to get to the User Password field in TBL_USER via the ACTReader utility since it is not visible in the OLE-DB provider. The data contained within the field is encrypted data so not too sure how much use that wil be to you though!

HTH

Vivek

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Solution
Accepted by topic author halo
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Well, I figured it out. The client was storing the password in a custom field they had defined and they are storing it unencrypted so it makes my job a lot easier Smiley Happy

And I defined triggers on the tables so that whenever these fields change, it copies them to a different table too.