Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Application GUI Language

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT Application GUI Language

In Switzerland, we have more than one GUI language of ACT. We have English (international), French and German. When we write a plugin which should work in all of the different ACT clients, we have to take care about the different symbol list names in the different ACT releases.

I would like to know what is the easiest way to find out the installed version and language of the ACT client trough the SDK.

I have a solution for the version:

Public ReadOnly Property ActVersion() As String
Get
Return ACTFWK.ActDatabase.SchemaVersion.ToString
End Get
End Property

But I'm still looking for a solution to find out the language, wether the GUI is English, French or German...

Any suggestions?

Stefan Koehli
ACT! Cerified Consultant
KÖHLI INFORMATIK AG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author skoehli
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: ACT Application GUI Language

There may be another way of accomplishing this but at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACT\Install there is a Language key that sepcifies the local, you can also determine the product tier from this location as well.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author skoehli
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

There may be another way of accomplishing this but at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACT\Install there is a Language key that sepcifies the local, you can also determine the product tier from this location as well.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you looked at :  ActDatabase.Culture.CurrentCulture

I use it to track a few international things such as short date format.

When I need the days of the week from the OS is use: System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture

Here is some simple code to add the days of the week to a dropdown:

cboMonthlyDayWeek.Items.Add(System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.DayNames(1), Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityRecurNamedDay.Monday)

cboMonthlyDayWeek.Items.Add(System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.DayNames(2), Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityRecurNamedDay.Tuesday)

cboMonthlyDayWeek.Items.Add(System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.DayNames(3), Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityRecurNamedDay.Wednesday)

cboMonthlyDayWeek.Items.Add(System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.DayNames(4), Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityRecurNamedDay.Thursday)

cboMonthlyDayWeek.Items.Add(System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.DayNames(5), Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityRecurNamedDay.Friday)

cboMonthlyDayWeek.Items.Add(System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.DayNames(6), Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityRecurNamedDay.Saturday)

cboMonthlyDayWeek.Items.Add(System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.DayNames(0), Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityRecurNamedDay.Sunday)

You coudl also look at the current thread:

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Contributor

Thanks Matthew, to get the locale from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACT\Install works for me.
Stefan Koehli
ACT! Cerified Consultant
KÖHLI INFORMATIK AG
Copper Contributor

Hi,

Have you looked at the ACT!Translator? This is an addon for ACT! which allows you to work with multiple languages in one database at the same time. Also the regional settings are corrected.
You can download a free trial from www.acttranslator.com

Thanks,
Inge van Gemert
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Netherlands
inge@inkey.net