Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2013 and Outlook Add-in

Copper Contributor

ACT 2013 and Outlook Add-in

Some time back, I created a Add-in for Outlook that would attach emails to opportunities. The add-in worked great until I upgraded to 2013. Once I upgraded the add-in does not load and I can not get it to load. Tells me there is a run-time error.

Does anybody know what might be causing this?

I have thought it might be because of ACT 2013 going to .net 4.0.

Bob Lozinak
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Software Developer
Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT 2013 and Outlook Add-in

Is the add-in for Outlook, or for ACT! ? In other words, which application is hosting the add-in? It's a bit confusing based on what your post. Thanks.
Copper Contributor

It is a outlook addin. 

Bob Lozinak
Software Developer
Employee

If the add-in is being loaded by outlook our change to .Net 4.0 shouldn't affect it's ability to loan within Outlook. Does some operation fail when attempting to interact with Act or does it simply not load within outlook? If it's the former you may be right, but I'm not sure how we could cause the latter.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Nickel Contributor

The first thing that comes to mind is, did you re-compile your add-in with the new DLLs for Act?

If the add-in just doesn't load into Outlook anymore, I'd suggest you start to systematically strip out code until it does load. That way you can figure out where the issue lies inside of the add-in.
Copper Contributor

I still can not get this to load. I have tried upgrading it to .net 4.0. that did not work.

I was looking through the event log and found a entry for Office Software Protection Platform Service. Is this the license service for ACT and would this be preventing the add-in from loading. We are currently using a demo license until our NFR license comes in and was wondering if that is causing the issue.

Bob Lozinak
Software Developer
Copper Contributor

I was able to regester ACT and it did not make a difference.

Bob Lozinak
Software Developer
Employee

I'm not completely certain, but I believe that Office Software Protetion Platform Service is the liscening manager for Office.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator