Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2013 SDK Changes

Copper Elite Contributor

ACT! 2013 SDK Changes

It appears that Sage has changed the way the SDK works to no longer allow .NET 2.0 applications to load the framework assemblies without needing to use a <supportedRuntime> directive in the app.exe.config to force the application to run using the .NET 4.0 framework.  Was that done intentionally, or is it just a side effect of using the gold release?

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
Employee

Re: ACT! 2013 SDK Changes

Yes this was done intentionally and was mentioned several times prior to release. It's a side effect of our move from .Net 3.5 to 4.0.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Could you explain this more. I have a project that I developed in 2012 for a client and now I can not run the project from my computer that has been upgraded to 2013.

Is it possible to have a ACT 2012 project run against a 2013 database?

Bob Lozinak
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Software Developer
Employee

Yes it is. However if it is a framework level application you'll have to make a choice. Either you'll have to rebuild the project using 2013 assemblies or you'll have to include an application config file that points to the assemblies you're using since by default it will try to use the 2013 (.Net 4.0) version.

Below is the MSDN article on assembly binding redirection.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2fc472t2(v=VS.80).aspx

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

I still can not get the program to run on 2013.

on developement computer: ACT 2013 Premium.

Program: using 2012 DLL's copied locally

C# 2010 Framework 3.5

Set the supported runtime to v2.0.50727.

<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
</startup>

App runs fine on ACT 2012.

Bob Lozinak
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Software Developer
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

EDIT:

----------------------------------------

The Supported runtime for programs accessing the Framework and using earlier versions of the ACT Assemblies need to point to .Net V4.0 NOT V2.0 , that was what I did earlier and it was why I was getting the exception below:

So to Recap:

1) add an app.config.exe to your project

2) add a startup tag like the following, right after the opening <configuration> tag

<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" />
</startup>

3) Compile and build as usual

4) ??

5) profit

END EDIT

----------------------------------------

Having the same issue here, even after adding the app config file with the supported runtime tag to point at .Net V2, the required ACT12 dlls are copied locally to where the project's exe is.

The project compile fine, an instance of the ACT Framework does get created however when logging on an exception gets generated, I am trying to logon to a 2013 DB here , wondering if that makes a difference.

Below is a copy of the StackTrace generated when the Framework's Logon Method is called:

at Act.Framework.ActFramework.FailLogOn(Exception ex, TraceCategory tCat, TraceLevel tLevel)
at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName, Boolean fireEvents, Boolean suppressTierCheck, Boolean suppressSchemaCheck, Boolean suppressLicenseCheck, Boolean allowTrialModeDeparture, LogonTrack tracklogon)
at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName, Boolean fireEvents, LogonTrack tracklogon)
at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName, LogonTrack tracklogon)
at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName)
at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String xmlPADFile, String userName, String password)
at SYNCPROJECT.SyncManager..ctor(ActFramework& ACTFM, ConfigManager& ConfigMgr) in C:\ACTDevelopment\SYNCPROJECT\Managers\SyncManager.vb:line 98

Firas Hermez
Lead Developer
Xact Software Solutions ltd
www.twitter.com/xactsoftware
crminformer.blogspot.com
www.freeactaddons.com
Copper Contributor

So now that I can get Framework level applications to work with Windows Forms, I am now trying to figure out how to do the same things for Web based apps.

From what I've noticed so far using the supportedRuntime tag in a Web.Config file does not seem work, so any ideas on what to do in that regard?

Firas Hermez
Lead Developer
Xact Software Solutions ltd
www.twitter.com/xactsoftware
crminformer.blogspot.com
www.freeactaddons.com
Nickel Super Contributor

Bless you, this made developing on my ACT! 2013 machine and deploying to an ACT! 2011 installation a whole lot easier.

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training