Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2013 DLL add refrence to Visual Studio 2008 fails

ACT 2013 DLL add refrence to Visual Studio 2008 fails

Hi All,

We downloaded latest ACT 2013 beta version to support our plugin with the product. We do have a C# component which will interact with ACT! API, unMangaed dll component do a "CreateInstance" to use the above C# component. The C# component will be registered using "RegAsm" .Net Tool.

But, it throws up the error message as below,

Error:

"RA0000:Could not load assembly file or assembly 'Act.Framework.Version=15.0.243.0. Culture= neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4088a' or one of its depedencies.The system cannot find  the file specified."

The above C# component uses the following ACT! dlls as reference

1 Act.Framework.dll 2 Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Core.dll 3 Act.Shared.Collections.dll 4 Act.Shared.Windows.Forms.dll

When we do a add ACT DLL (Act.Framework.dll) reference with our visual studio 2008 workspace it fails.

Please let us know on the same.

Thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2013 DLL add refrence to Visual Studio 2008 fails

I didn't think you could use VS2008 with .NET 4 assemblies can you?
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Employee

Yes as far as I know Vivek is correct and you cannot reference .Net 4.0 in VS 2008.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

So, what's the solution, should I use VS 2010, to compile my ACT plugin to support ACT 2013 version ?...

Employee

Your plugin can still support 2013 without referencing 2013 assemblies or .Net 4.0. Most plugins will load in 2013 even with previous version assemblies.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We have a c# component which has ACT dll's has reference, framework reference like "Using Act.Framework" etc in the code.

In earlier version it get compiled fine without any error, but after we upgraded to ACT 2013, the reference to Act.Framework.dll and others doesn't exist in the GAC.

Did it fail to get registered with GAC ? Is there any steps to be followed to register in Assembley ?

Also I dont find the "Act.Framework.dll" and "Act.Shared.Collections.dll" in install path of ACT.

We tried to register in GAC using "gacutil.exe" but didnt work. Please let us know on the same, which would really help us to support the ACT 2013 version.

Thanks in Advance.

Employee

I've run into similar issues when installing new version. It appears to occur because the location of the assemblies you were referencing has changed. To avoid this, once I have a version of Act, I copy the contents of the GlobalAssemblyCache folder to another location on my drive and add my references from this location.

Remove your reference, moved them and then re-add them and see if that resolves it for you.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator