Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 - Corrupt Database View "Activities"

ACT 2011 - Corrupt Database View "Activities"

Hello,

since version 2010 our database view dbo.activity is corrupt. When you try to select from the view, an error occurs saying unable to convert a string to uniqueidentifier. We have checked the "typical" tables für corrupt uniqueidentifiers without any result. The main problem is, that we can't use the oledb provider. It comes up with the same error!

Any ideas where to take a look. The view ist crypted, so i can't look in the view (don't understand the crypting of views). Screenshat attached.

Best regards

Mario Stuck

Employee

Re: ACT 2011 - Corrupt Database View "Activities"

It looks like you're trying to query the view not the table, your query should execute fine if you perform it on the table and not on the view.

You also mention that you can't use the OLEDB provider, are you unable to connect to the provider in code? Or in the server explorer in VS? I'm going to guess that you've run into issues since upgrading to 2010 since it was the first version to introduce the 2.0 version of the provider.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Hello,

using the oledb provider works in no way with activities (neither 1.0 nor 2.0, neither in VS nor in code).

So I was trying to figure out the problems concerning the activities (everything else works fine, in the views as well with oledb 1 and 2). But we need the activities as oledb 2 or as a view. How to find the corrupt datafield creating this error?

Best regards

Mario

Employee

I don't think there is any issue, it looks like your trying to execute a query against the view, if you perform the same query against the table, it should work fine.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Hi,

you might be right, running against a table would work. But in "normal" conditions the user must use the oledb provider. And the oledb provider crashes with the mentioned error. "Normal" users have no access to the tables and for reporting I have to use the oledb provider.

Is there any way to check the view (this will be the same error as in the oledb provider)?

Best regards

Mario

Employee

In SQL mgmt studio is the only place that querying the tables directly would be appropriate.

Are you having similar issues when attempting to connect via Excel/Crystal? You can also create a txt file, change the extension to udl, and use that to test the connection to the provider.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator