Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 - ActApplication Object OPEN does not fire opening from PAD file

Copper Super Contributor

ACT 2011 - ActApplication Object OPEN does not fire opening from PAD file

hi

i have a very simple plugin (which requires the OPEN event of the application object) and have even tried the striped down code supplied here.

The Open event never fires if you open ACT from a PAD file. All other events like viewloaded etc all work, just not open.. 

If i open ACT from the ActSage.exe the OPEN event works fine.

using this code, only the OnLoad and ViewLoaded messagebox are displayed when you double click a PAD file to open ACT.. if you run ACT from the start menu (the ActSage.exe) then ALL messagebox events are displayed from all events

as you can see in my code i even tried to add a handler to make sure there was an event registered, but this does not help at all

Imports Act.UI
Imports System.Windows.Forms

Public Class Class1
    Implements IPlugin

Dim WithEvents actApp As ActApplication 'ACT! application object

Public Sub OnUnLoad() Implements Act.UI.IPlugin.OnUnLoad

End Sub

Public Sub OnLoad(ByVal actrunning As Act.UI.ActApplication) Implements Act.UI.IPlugin.OnLoad
        actApp = actrunning
        AddHandler actApp.Open, AddressOf actAppOpen
        MsgBox(actApp.ToString)
    End Sub

Private Sub actApp_Open(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles actApp.Open
        MessageBox.Show("Object Event OPEN")
    End Sub
    Private Sub actAppOpen()
        MessageBox.Show("AddHandler OPEN")
    End Sub

Private Sub actApp_ViewLoaded(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Act.UI.ViewEventArgs) Handles actApp.ViewLoaded
        MsgBox(e.View.ToString)
    End Sub
End Class

Greg

Employee

Re: ACT 2011 - ActApplication Object OPEN does not fire opening from PAD file

Thanks for the post Greg.

I was able to reproduce this on my end with 13.0.301 assemblies, were you using the same version?

Just some additionaly info, if you launch Act from the quick launch bar or from your pinned items in windows 7 the events fire normally, I assume it's launching ActSage.exe I'll submit this as an issue and let you know when there is more information available.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 - ActApplication Object OPEN does not fire opening from PAD file

Hi Matt

you are correct in that launching (shortcuts) the ActSage.exe file, the open events fire.. its only when a PAD file is double clicked to open ACT that the open event never fires

as for the version i have a newer one

ACT 2011 Premium - v13.0.401 HF2 (Australian)

Greg