Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 BETA! Horray!

Copper Contributor

ACT! 2009 BETA! Horray!

With the upcoming Beta for ACT! 2009(ver. 11) right around the corner I woud like to take this opportunity to urge our addon developers to PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! test your addons durning the BETA. It's up to you to make sure your addons work properly during the BETA and inform us of any defect or breakages you find. For those of you who may have over looked the announcment you can find it along with all the details on how to sign up on the ACT! ONLINE COMMUNITY hompage(or click this link http://community.act.com/sage/).

Thanks,

Logan Gonsoulin

Sage Software

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 BETA! Horray!

Is there anything in particular we should look into? Do you have any inside information you want to warn us for? If an addon is written in VB2003 withthe right config file, I assume it will still work.
Thanks,
Inge van Gemert
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Netherlands
inge@inkey.net
Copper Elite Contributor

Already did it, using the Insights beta, everything works fine =)
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.
Copper Contributor

Sorry no Insider scoops, but your VB 2003 code should work. You 'll have to tell us once you test it!

- Logan 

Will Act2009 work with 2008 databases?  Or will it need to update/convert them?
Copper Contributor

Act will try to update your database. It's important to use a test copy of your database to test with. Typically what most beta testers will do is create a backup of their database and use that for testing. Once the database is updated and schema changes are set in place then your database is commited to that version of act. There's no going back to a previous version of act is what i'm trying to say. So please make a backup before you convet to 2009.
Employee

Hi LOgan,

Is ACT2009 still dependent on MSSQL 2005 or act 2009 can also work with sun micro's MySQL version. Can u clarify this. Just cusrios to know about it ,

Thanks,

Jana

Thank you for choosing Sage Software!

Thanks,
Janardhanan.Sanjeeviram,
ACT! Tech Support
Sage Software
Janardhanan-Sanjeevi.Ram@sage.com
Your business in mind.™
Copper Super Contributor

The only RDBMS currently supported for ACT! 2007-2009 is Microsoft SQL Server 2005.

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

How do we get a beta copy of Act2009. I am a one man development team and been working with the SDK and Act2008 past few months. Love to move to Act2009

Jay

Avid Listener

does anyone know were the beta is for downloading