Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

A Detailed report of how often a product is discussed for multiple product lines

Tuned Listener

A Detailed report of how often a product is discussed for multiple product lines

I work as a sales rep and represent multiple product manufacturers. I would like to provide monthly updates for each manufacturer that details: Contacts I have talked to about each manufacturer's product, how many emails, faxes, meetings, and calls detailing who it was and when.  I need to provide this report monthly.  Is there a way to do this without additional software?  Perhaps from an excel calculation of field changes?  If not, is there a add-on software that does this? 

Because I deal with 30 different manufacturers (30 reports) with thousands of products I'm not sure if it can be done without cutting and pasting from many different reports. If I could feed all info into one report I could export it to an Excel doc. and sort the info from there.

A report that looks like the following would be great:

Principle Company A 

A list of:  Contact Names, Contacts Company, Type of communication (email, phone call, meeting, faxed info), date, 

Totals:

Principle Company B

A list of:  Contact Names,  Contacts Company, Type of Comm., date

Totals:

Principle Company C

A list of:  Contact Name, Contacts Company, Type... Ect...

Totals

I appreciate any ideas!

Scott

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: A Detailed report of how often a product is discussed for multiple product lines

Scott -

As per my reply to you parallel post in the Act!/Act! Premium forum (which this post more accurately belongs), you could this with some SQL.

The biggest determinate factor would be coming up with a process whereby each sales action you create (activities cleared, etc.) are in some consistent way 'stamped' with a unique value that flags that item as 'belonging' to a given Principal.  In this way you could then create SQL that would allow you to segregate and group the applicable sales actions to the Principal along with a filter for the time frame.

Some options that may work:

• Act! Data Chart component or SQL Chart component (although this will not automate the creation of a report)
  • TopLine Dash Alerts
  • StoneField Query (will support the creation of reports and scheduling)